Sunday, August 10, 2008

about this blog

From 2000 to 2008, I worked as a live truck engineer for KHOU news in Houston, Texas. This job took me to literally all corners of the city and beyond, and allowed me to witness places, people, and activities that other people never see. I always seemed to have good stories to tell my friends about my day at work, while they naver had any. At first I just thought they were lame, but it turns out that most other people's jobs don't involve accidentally contaminating crime scenes, being threatened with arrest by college RA's, attempting smalltalk with people whose family has just been murdered, discussing the state of American politics with crackheads -- yet this kind of thing was just another day at the office for me.

As I have now moved on from that job, I have started this blog to tell some stories, mainly so I'll remember them. If you like them, tell me what you think.

--Nick DiFonzo

No comments: